PETALING JAYA, April 24 – Kedah FC was trailing 2-1 against Kuala Lumpur City when regulation time ended, but six minutes of added time changed the entire scenario in Friday’s Super League match at the Darulaman Stadium in Alor Setar.
In a dramatic turnaround, it was Kedah who trooped off the pitch 3-2 winners – thanks to a brace from their 33-year-old Ivory Coast hitman Kipre Techetche with his first coming from the penalty spot on 93rd minutes after KL City defender Giancarlo Gallifuoco fell Rozaimi Abdul Rahman inside the box.
In the last minute of injury time, Tchetche blasted a stinger past KL City custodian Kevin Mendoza and the Red Eagles soared to a great come-from-behind win which saw the three points they earned from the match lift them into second place in the league.
Kedah FC is now on 20 points from 10 matches – three points behind leaders and seven-time Super League champions Johor Darul Takzim who play Terengganu at home later tonight (Saturday). JDT has a game in hand.
KL City coach Bojan Hodak was fuming mad with the manner a near win slipped from his team’s grasp while his Kedah counterpart Aidil Sharin Sahak celebrated the win.
“Of course I am pleased with the team’s never give up attitude till the last minute. They had character and showed tremendous fighting spirit…this is teamwork and we deserve the win,” said the Singaporean who hailed the gritty performance of his young players.
Meanwhile, at the Petaling Jaya Stadium, it was another pathetic Selangor show as they struggled to share points with Sabah.
The Red Giants can thank their Nigerian-born Ifedayo Olusegun for the point.
Olusegun scored both the goals for Selangor in the 57th and 72nd minutes. Sabah showed great resilience against the much-touted opponents and even took the lead through Amri Yahyah (31st) minute.
Bobby Gonzales popped in the equalizer in the 88th minute just when Selangor thought they had sealed the match with a 2-1 lead.

About The Author


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here