PETALING JAYA, 23 Aug – It was a roaring start for East Coast neighbours, Terengganu and Kelantan as they won their postponed Super League and Premier League matches against Petaling Jaya City FC and UKM respectively on Saturday as M-League matches breathed into life after a five-month absence.
Terengganu would have asked for a better start in the Super League as the Turtles hammered PJ City 2-0 at the Petaling Jaya Stadium in Kelana Jaya – a win that is certainly a big boost for Terengganu who could only manage a seventh place in the league last year.
Mauritania striker used his speed to hit a brace as coach, Nafuzi Zain heaped praises on his team for “playing to instructions” for the win that “did not come easy” when playing away.
His Petaling Jaya FC counterpart, K. Devan said it was a defeat that spells danger as his team next plays Selangor in the Battle of the Klang Valley.
“It was our defensive errors that cost us the match. Otherwise, we had a decent match and were very much in contention…the defenders should take the blame,” said Devan.
Sylva got his first on the night on 31 minutes when he took off like a gazelle after a quick turn in midfield. His giant steps saw him roads after he shrugged off two markers before hitting a stiff grounder into the back of the net.
The lanky Sylva got his second on the night on 73 minutes and again it was his speed that saw him gain ground and finished off his move with a beautiful lob into a yawning goal with the PJ City keeper caught upfront.
At the Selayang Stadium, beleaguered Kelantan whacked the daylights out of UKM with a massive 5-1 win in their Premier League encounter played in the afternoon.
Muhamad Hakimi Abdullah was a hattrick hero for the Red Warriors – hitting home the goals in the 27th, 52nd, and 88th minutes while Felix Chidi Odili struck two on the 65th an 79th minutes.
UKM’s consolation goal came from Akanny Sunday via penalty seconds into the first-half injury time.

About The Author


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here